How to figure out if your husband / wife is cheating on you and what to do about it.
As the largest and most experienced family law and criminal firm in Brevard County you can imagine how many divorces we handle each year. Some of these cases are simple and some are complex, some have children involved and some have a lot of money or assets to divide. The reason for dissolution of marriage cases can range from differing views on religion, growing apart, or infidelity – cheating. Our divorce attorneys have seen and heard it all when it comes to cheating. Some spouses are very sneaky about their extra marital affairs and some do little to hide their activities.
Here is a list of some of the more common hints that can indicate there is a potential problem with cheating:
- Changing passwords frequently – We all have many devices and accounts to keep in touch with family, work, or others. Most of these have passwords. If your spouse doesn’t want you to have their phone password, email password, or Facebook password that is an indicator there is something there he or she doesn’t want you to see.
- Changing cell phone usage – If your spouse gets a call and either leaves the room before answering or walks away talking quietly you may presume he or she is planning you a surprise party or maybe developing a relationship with a person who does not know about you. Other than necessary conversations with financial advisors or family members with personal matters your spouse should be able to have a conversation in front of you.
- An increased interest in social events – Your significant relationship is your marriage. Your focus for social activities should be with your spouse and out with the girls or more business meetings after hours. Watch for changes in this behavior as it can signify a cheating spouse.
- Content on social media – When a spouse is looking for some extra curricular activities very often he/she will often create a new social media page (a “mirror” page) that uses a different name or spelling of the name. Sometimes he/she will change the content on the current page to look like a non-married person. Hiding the “relationship status” on Facebook is a classic sign of a problem. You may even find that you are blocked from a social media account or blocked from certain pictures. Sometimes the only way to see that this has happened is to call a friend to look at what her account sees.
- Change in sex drive – There may be an increase suddenly or a decrease over time in your spouses desire for physical touch or sexual relations. This can be due to the extra attention he/she is getting from another.
- History on the computer – It is not usually important to most people to clear out their browsing history on their computer. This is an indication that websites are being visited that you should not see.
There are many other signs a person may exhibit when being unfaithful to their spouse. Divorce is not the only answer but it is one option. Call to speak to an experienced attorney who can explain your legal options and help you be prepared to make the best decision possible.
We have been serving our community for over 41 years (since 1976) and our initial consultations with an attorney are always at no charge. Call or use the Contact Form at the top of this page to speak with an attorney, 321-631-0506.