During the process of Probate in Brevard County there are many things going on and the primary focus is on the many steps to get the assets processed and to the person who is to receive it. Here are the top five things to remember as your case moves through the probate process:
- Keep all the mail of the decedent and take it to your attorney.
- Make sure you are notating all the expenses that you have for the estate – whether paid from your pocket (and to be reimbursed) or from the estate’s bank account.
- Be patient. The probate court in the Viera courthouse runs on a delay of about 90 days initially.
- Do not pay any of the decedent’s bills until you are sure they are to be paid by talking to your attorney. Don’t be alarmed if you begin getting phone calls from creditors of the deceased. Refer the caller(s) to your probate lawyer.
- Do not allow anyone (friends or family) to remove any of the decedent’s personal property, furniture, artwork, vehicles, or other assets. Safe keep all the decedent’s property and check with your attorney when others approach you about taking -blank- item(s).
Our attorneys are experienced with all types of probate matters. Call today for a no charge consultation with one of our probate attorneys.