Defense for DUI in Brevard County
How Strong is Your Case
If you have been arrested on DUI charges, you may believe that there is no evidence to support your case. Legal Eagles, Brevard County’s best DUI defense firm, vehemently disagrees. The task may seem onerous, but DUI cases are defendable. A good DUI attorney can assist you in identifying concerns in your situation and identifying the finest DUI defenses available. It is advisable to work with an experienced and knowledgeable Florida DUI lawyer to fight your charges because of police misconduct, illegal police checkpoints, erroneous BAC test results, and other factors.
Get a FREE consultation today.
Effective Defenses for DUI
The following list some of the most common, effective, and conventional DUI defenses. It will give you a sense of how legal and technical issues form the basis for your defense for DUI.
- A driver cannot be pulled over unless the officer has a reasonable suspicion that the driver is in violation of a traffic law or some other law. If the driver was not cited for any traffic infraction and did not pose a risk to other drivers before being pulled over, the DUI lawyer may contest the legitimacy of the stop and, eventually, the DUI.
- A 2005 study published in the Journal of Forensic Science discovered that when drivers have blood alcohol content (BAC) of 0.06 to 0.08, the accuracy of a field sobriety test is only about 30 to 60 percent. A DUI lawyer can use this to contest the admissibility of field sobriety tests as evidence.
- Medical illnesses such as Parkinson’s disease, diabetes, and speech impairments can also make someone appear intoxicated or produce misleading positive chemical test findings. An attorney may call on an expert witness to testify about whether a medical condition caused erroneous findings.
- Breath testing is prone to mistakes due to a variety of factors, including miscalibrated testing machines and poor officer training. Moreover, the motorist must be observed continuously for a minimum period of time prior to the breath test. When defending against Florida DUI accusations, the DUI attorney may object to the usage of the equipment or the technique.
- For a charge to hold, a licensed expert must perform blood testing in a safe atmosphere. Any action that taints the sample, such as tainted drawing supplies or an incorrect method, may cause the results to be wrong. A DUI attorney may consult with an expert to assess the validity of the tests to strengthen their DUI defense.
- When a defendant is arrested for a Florida DUI or any other crime, the officer must inform them of their rights. If these rights are not granted to the driver at the time of arrest, any remarks made during the arrest may be ruled inadmissible as evidence.
These are some of the most common DUI defenses practiced in Florida, but this is far from a full list of possible defenses. At Legal Eagles, we will consider every aspect of your case before identifying the best defense for DUI.
Consult with Legal Eagles to Choose the Strong DUI Defense
DUI cases present some of the most intriguing and difficult issues in terms of legal and scientific defenses. If you have been charged with a DUI, you should seek a consultation or case evaluation to ensure you understand your legal rights in the event of criminal prosecution. You must engage a DUI lawyer who has the necessary expertise, recognition, and aggression to get the outcomes you require.
The team at Legal Eagles has earned a reputation throughout the state for their superior DUI defense expertise and skill. Contact Mario Gunde Peters & Kelley to put together the best defense possible for your case. We provide a free initial consultation, so you may chat with us to discover legal options and see if you have a strong DUI case.